Sunday, October 31, 2010

Interesting Reading

 I had vaguely heard about this farmer back East by the name of Joel Salatin and how he had a very natural way of running his farm.  Also on one of Jennie's blogs there was a clip of him and his farm, Polyface Farm, on ABC. He has authored a handful of books so I had Jennie pick up one from the Library for me, it is called Family Friendly Farming, A Multigenerational Home-Based Business Testament by Joel Salatin.  So far it has been very interesting and right now I am only about a third of the way through the book, and just into the section that is the 10 Commandements of Making the Kids Love the Farm.  I love the fact that he emphasizes in a Family Friendly farm you do not want chemicals or heavy metals around for the kids to stumble into, just like you don't want them in your food!  I am really intrigued by how he runs his farm and the involvement of his family in the farm.  I will report back when I have finished the book.
USA Today Clip

No comments:

Post a Comment