Monday, January 30, 2012

Our blessings

So about 2 weeks ago we found out we were expecting our 5th child. I became fearful of what was going to happen as I had miscarried not to long ago. The fear was just there even with all the prayers. I know it is a sin to worry but I am human and that is an area that the Lord is still working in me. By Wednesday of last week after I had told a few people and they were praying with us, I was finally at peace of knowing that if the Lord so chooses to take this baby too, I will be o.k. with that. It was such a freeing thought. It cleared my mind so I can focus on other areas that I needed to give over to the Lord. Friday night came and I showed signs that I was going to miscarry. At least I had never had those signs during my other pregnancies unless I was miscarrying. I thought for sure I was going to. Maybe I was just expecting it. Like this is what is going to happen. So I grieved with Dave Saturday night and then had a very quiet Saturday and Sunday. Sunday we celebrated Evan's real birthday. I will post on that next. He turned 8. I was fine to celebrate with him but I was just extremely tired. Monday morning, this morning, I put a call into my midwife and they wanted me to come in to have an ultra sound and see if the baby was living or not. Then we could discuss further if needed. My sweet mother-in-law came over to watch the kids so I could go and meet Dave, who was able to get off of work. We went and checked in and got prepared for the ultrasound. Side note- I had a good 35 minute drive to the clinic so I used that quiet and peaceful time, which is a rarity in a car with 4 kids, to pray. I spent that time praising God, asking God to continue to give me a peace with the final confirmation, and praising Him for always knowing what is best for us. He kept bringing scripture to mind as I was praying and I was praising Him for that. I just had a wonderful time talking with my Heavenly Father. I also got to the clinic with a true peace. As soon as I saw the picture of the baby I saw something beating. YES! I asked if that was the heart beat and she said it was. Beating strong. PRAISE THE LORD. HE truly does care for us and knows our deepest desires. Dave and I were in awe. Here we were thinking that we had lost our baby and God knew all along that it was still alive and with us. Who are we to question the God of our universe, the One who put the sun moon and all the stars in the sky. Who made every living creature and every human person. The God who knows everything about us. Praise Him Praise Him! I came home to a house full of people. A dear friend brought dinner over for us thinking that we were grieving the loss of a child, when I got share with them that our baby is still living. Our children were jumping for joy, where as 2 days ago, there were many tears of sadness. We are truly blessed that God has allowed us to care for His children and bring them into His world. They truly are His. And such a precious gift they are to us.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! That is exciting news :) I'll be praying still. Love you.

    ReplyDelete