Sunday, August 11, 2013

Garlic Braids

So, this last year I purchased see garlic and planted it right at the end of November.  It grew really well through the winter and we mulched around it with some straw after doing some weeding.  In early July it seemed to be starting to die and turn brown so we dug it up.  I have always thought that braided garlic would be a neat way to store it and be decorative as well.  We ran across a tutorial on one of our favorite blogs.


Jennie actually did the braiding while I stood by for support.


We ended up hanging them in our kitchen and look forward to snipping off the bulbs for some homegrown garlic.
Supposedly it is really healthy for you especially during the winter cold season.  One time I even tried eating a clove whole when I was starting to come down with something.  I had heard raw garlic was even better than cooked.  Well I would NOT recommend it!!  My stomach did not care for the raw garlic and I felt bad for at least a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment