Sunday, July 3, 2011

Homeschool Christian conference


The 24th and 25th of June we took Ethan and Lily Mae with us to the Homeschool Christian Conference at the Convention Center. Ethan was so excited to go this year as it was his first year to join us. Dave and I have loved going every year for the last 4 years. We have gone by ourselves or with a baby but we finally decided that Ethan was at the age where he would start enjoying it with us. There were even seminars for kids this year on Dinosaurs and creation and how to identify the rocks that he finds and Noah and the flood and so on. He even went to few with Dave and I and came away with some good wisdom and ideas. Of course his favorite probably was playing with the things that Timberdoodle had out on their tables for kids to play with. It not only is a great time to look at things, and spend time talking about our goals for our homeschool but we love the speakers that have been there. We get so encouraged in the whys of homeschooling. 4 years ago Voddie Baucham was one of the main speakers. He touched our hearts and gave us the vision for homeschooling and why we should. In the years between the speakers where good too but the last two years it has been more of spending time in the curriculum area figuring out what our family would like to do and how we want to teach our children. This is our fourth year now and we have finally figured it out for us. We are so at home with Heart of Dakota and have already been loving it. It is such a Christ centered curriculum but very thorough. I can't wait for the next books in the years to come. I have been enjoying the books as much as the kids have been. Our days are so much fun and I am not stressed out any more about what I am missing or if I'm doing enough for the kids. The Lord has taken me on a whirl wind the last few years and I have learned a lot about our children and myself. Anyways, after the conference on Friday night, we took Ethan out for his birthday dinner since we already had him, babysitters for the other two (my parents), and we needed to eat. So he chose Red Robin. Our kids love this place. I'm sure that Dave, Mia and I will be back in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment