Sunday, July 10, 2011

Strawberry jam


So after our strawberry picking day I wanted to try making strawberry jam again. Although unlike the kind I have done in the past, full of sugar, I tried an all fruit recipe. We have yet to try it since we are using up the other jam we have in the fridge, but it looked like it jelled nicely and it was fairly easy too. I had 6 cups of blended berries, 2 cups of white grape juice concentrate, some pectin and calcium powder. I cooked everything first to a boil. After I got it in the pint jars, I water bathed them for 5 minutes. And done. It was a lot faster then I thought. Maybe an hour from beginning to end. We love jam on toast or biscuits and of course the old stand by, p.b.j. But we don't go through a ton of it so we will see how long 5 jars gets us. I might do some peach jelly too. We received some as a gift once and boy did the kids love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment