Monday, January 31, 2011

Cleanup

Our yard cleanup continues. We have started to accumulate quite a pile next to our storage shed / in-law quarters.


Since the garbage is strewn all over the property it takes quite a few trips with the tractor to get it all up to the junk pile. You can only put so much in the bucket at a time, and I don't have a trailer to haul down there, so I was thinking some forks for my tractor would be nice. So, I tried to build some out of pressure treated 2x6 that I had. They work pretty good, and once chained in place don't fall out when I dump the garbage.

I was able to really pile some large stuff on there, and be a little bit more efficient wtih my trips to the jumk pile.


Some day I will have to break down and get a dumpster dropped off for a weekend. I will give you a call when we have the dumpster loading party, scones provided.

Dave

2 comments:

  1. Or you could have an awesome bonfire! But not before you invite us to watch with you. We'll bring the hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I'd found ya sooner...great photos...makes me feel connected to where you are living these days....if Becks bring the hot chocolate...we'll bring the marshmallows :)

    ReplyDelete